This Privacy Notice explains how Verizon Communications Inc. collects, uses, and discloses your personal data when you register with us or use our applications, services, or portals. Collection, use, and disclosure of personal data is sometimes referred to as processing. This notice also explains your rights related to this data.
- Personal data we use: Any data that could reasonably be used to identify you is personal data. We collect
your personal data when you provide it to us and when you use the application, service, or portal. Your
personal data includes your name, work address, wireline and/or mobile telephone number, email
address, IP address, device identifying information, and employer’s name accessed through the
application, service, or portal.
- The data controller: Verizon Communications Inc. located at 1095 Avenue of the Americas, New York,
New York 10036, USA.
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Verizon’s reasons for processing your personal data: We process your personal data as set forth in the
operate, provide customer and supplier support and account management, and improve the application,
service, or portal; (3) communicate with you with respect to the operation of the application, service, or
portal; or (4) when necessary, exercise our legal rights. We must have a legal basis to process your
personal data. In this case, we are processing your data to meet our legitimate business interests. We
have put in place safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected and to ensure that our legitimate
interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
- International transfer of your personal data: Your personal data will, in many instances, be processed
outside of the EEA by Verizon or the approved third party suppliers, operating in: (a) IT Hardware and
Software Services; (b) Cloud Services; (c) Advertising & Marketing; (d) Business Services & Human Capital
Management; and (e) Administration & Field Services. Verizon has safeguards in place in accordance with
applicable law to ensure that your personal data will, at all times and in all locations, be adequately
protected to the standards required by applicable EEA Data Protection laws. International data transfers
among the Verizon family of companies are consistent with the Verizon Binding Corporate Rules.
- When we share your personal data: We may share your personal data among the Verizon family of
- Personal data retention period: We will keep your personal data for as long as we have a relationship
with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal data for a
period of time that enables us to: (1) maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes; (2)
comply with record retention requirements under the law; (3) defend or bring any existing or potential
legal claims; and (4) deal with any complaints regarding the services. We will delete your personal data
when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any personal data that we are unable, for
technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to
prevent any further processing or use of that data. Please contact email@example.com
if you would like additional information about data retention.
- Right to object: In certain circumstances, you may object to Verizon’s use of your personal data. Please
contact firstname.lastname@example.org about your right to object.
- Additional rights: You may access your personal data or request that Verizon erase or restrict the processing of your personal data by contacting us at
email@example.com. You also have the right to complain to your data protection regulator.